Street photography is more popular than ever. I see more and more people hitting the streets and wanting to capture images of what they see around them. If you are looking for good photographers to follow, just hoping on Instagram can be overwhelming. Here are a few of my favorites to help you find inspiration.
Street Photography Accounts To follow
1. Vivian Maier – If you have never heard of Vivian, then she would be my first stop. She was discovered after her death that left a storage unit full of negatives to be bought at auction. The stories she tells with her photos demonstrate why so many people want to tell stories through street photography. She captures these moments of pure bliss surprise and paints a picture of the time she lived in.
2. Valerie Jardin – One of my favorite alive street storytellers. Valerie is also a fantastic teacher with a great library of books to use as resources. I was lucky enough to attend a street walk with Valerie many years back, and she really inspired me to get out and shoot.
3. Roman Fox – A London-based photographer who captures impressive scenes from one of my favorite cities. His photos always transport me away to London but are timeless and could be on any street in the world.
4. Tom Beware My Fuji – If the night speaks to you, this is an excellent account for inspiration. I love watching his reels of his creative double exposures.
5. Dina Alfasi – An iPhone photographer that captures amazing daily stories. She captures pictures of her commute and life with unique details.
6. Valérie Six – Beautiful street images filled with small moments.
7. Mary Jo Boughton – Detroit-based street shooter. Always has an eye for unique street portraits and fun street scenes.
8. Suzanna Stein – Her street portraits are gritty and honest. They always make me want more of the story.
9. Rinzi Ruiz – Shadow-play and great street scenes. The images are simple in elements, making them powerful in their stories.
10. Brian Lloyd Duckett – Street scenes from all over the world. Brian leads photo workshops, so he always has inspiring street scenes from all over the world.
These are a few street photographers that I follow on Instagram and glean great inspiration from. If you know of some great photographers to follow, drop them below.